1. Optimize Our Business Structure
- Make "growth engine" business divisions more competitive, technologically advanced, and profitable.
- Establish positions in business fields with sizeable markets and high growth potential.
- Leverage core competencies to enter new business and exit low-profit, marginal businesses.
2. Maximize Our Global Competitiveness
- Develop bases around the world for production, sales, and R&D.
- Establish regional headquarters in major markets.
- Establish a global network linking regional headquarters with each other as well as global headquarters.
3. Develop Advanced Technologies
- Make major product lines leaders in their global markets.
- Enhance core technologies to higher levels.
- Strengthen collaboration between R&D centers and business divisions.
4. Build Efficient Production Systems
- Streamline and maximize the efficiency of existing facilities.
- Improve quality and productivity by automating facilities.
- Create efficient and integrated management systems.
5. Create Innovative Business Practices
- Increase outsourcing of low-value-added business and operations.
- Maintain flexibility in resource utilization for facilities, people and funds.